Monday, April 7, 2008

Teaching can be Fun.

Here is a video of a physics lecturer at MIT in the States who uses lots of practicle demonstrations to teach his students. I wish that my teachers had been like this, it actually looks like fun. His name is Walter Lewin and he is becoming rather well known now because of a video blogs and his enthusiasm for physics. This is what teaching should be about. People that have a passion for something and want to share it with others. Not like when I was at school where we were all told to read stuff, we didnt even have internet, or paper, or books. I had to walk twenty miles in the snow just to get to school, and that was without shoes. Then I had to walk twenty miles home just to get a beating before going to work in the mine.... Folks these days have it easy.

No comments: